[Answer ID: 14357]
WebAccess Setup for LinkStation Live
Created 06/21/2012 10:39 | Updated 06/21/2012 16:58
To use WebAccess, the Linkstation Live needs to be running firmware version 2.06 or better.
- Login to the web configuration page of the LinkStation Live.
- Once the LinkStation Live is running firmware 2.06 or better, there will be a 'WebAccess' tab on the lefthand side of Web configuration page.
- Click on [WebAccess] > [Service Setup].
- There are 8 options on this page.
-Web Access Service
-Auto-Configure Firewall (UPnP)
- WebAccess Service needs to be set to 'enable'.
- HTTPS/SSL Encryption can be set to enable, or disable. If it is set to enable the connection will be slower, but it will be more secure.
- Use BuffaloNAS.com should also be set to enable.
- Enter a random choice for BuffaloNAS.com Name, and BuffaloNAS.com Key. DNS Hostname will be grayed out.
- Auto-Configure Firewall (UPnP) should be set to enable and External Port will be set to disable.
- Click apply.
**If users get an error message about UPnP, set it to disable and manually setup port forwarding on the router. When Auto-Configure Firewall (UPnP) is set to disable, External Port is enable, and is recommended to be set to 9000. Click Apply again.**
- Now go to http://BuffaloNAS.com and enter users LinkStation's WebAccess Name.
OS / Hardware
Was this answer helpful?
Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.