[Answer ID: 14146]
Network path not found error on TeraStation
Created 05/30/2012 14:38 | Updated 06/08/2012 17:54
This is usually caused by one of the following:
- The computer is not able to see the SMB shares
- The "File and Printer Sharing" is not enabled
- NetBIOS over TCP/IP is not enabled
Try following steps for improvement.
- This is usually caused by the computer not being able to see the SMB shares.
As a precaution, make sure all firewalls and antivirus programs are disabled.
Set the Terastation with a static IP on the network.
Navigate to Start->Run-><IPaddress> (where <IPaddress> is the address assigned the Terastation) and click OK.
A list of the device's shares should be displayed. Right-click one of these shares and choose Map Network Drive to map a drive letter to it.
- If it still gives the error then make sure "File and Printer Sharing" is enabled.
Navigate to Control Panel->Network Connections and right click on the adapter being used to connect with.
Under the list of components used by the connection, make sure File and Printer sharing and Client for Microsoft Networks are enabled. If they are, uninstall them, reboot, and then reinstall them.
- If it still isn't working, check to see if NetBIOS over TCP/IP is enabled.
From the adapter's properties, double click on Internet Protocol(TCP/IP) and navigate to Advanced-> WINS tab.
Set it to Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.
OS / Hardware
Was this answer helpful?
Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.